MHDR 2020 Instructor Applications Are Closed
One of the main goals of MHDR is to help hoopers sink deeper into their hoops, and gain a fuller more in-depth understanding of their prop, not just a handful of new flashy tricks. At MHDR each attendee is looking for personal feedback. That’s why we’re looking for hoop dance teachers with top notch instructing skill that allows them to teach multiple skill levels and personalities at one time.
MHDR instructors are passionate about hooping. They are leaders in the flow arts community who offer a unique perspective on hoop dance. They don’t necessarily have the most experience, or the longest tenure hooping, but they work super hard every day to be better than yesterday.
Does this sound like you? Keep reading to find out more about instructing at MHDR2020.
Benefits & Expectations
- Instructors for the Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat are asked to teach 1-3 workshops. Most sessions are 45-minutes.
- MHDR is a community experience. Instructors are expected to participate in the event just like any other attendee. We all have something to gain and give by taking others’ workshops.
- If accepted to teach, you will need to download the Telegram Messaging app. This is how we will communicate about the retreat.
- MHDR instructors are ambassadors for the retreat. This means you are our biggest supporters. You help share the event. You get your friends excited. And you come to the retreat, ready to share and receive openly.
- Instructors are compensated based on need and contribution (i.e. partial or full access retreat pass, monetary fees, travel fees, etc)
- All instructors receive early bird camping access
- An opportunity to share your unique skills and concepts and help build the Michigan hoop community
- Connections and opportunities with flow artists all over Michigan and the Midwest long after MHDR is over
The 5th Annual Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat is August 14, 15, and 16, 2020 at Sunset Place Campground in Mason, MI. MHDR is a community experience. Please plan on staying for the weekend and joining in on the fun.
Applications are due by April 17th, 2020 at 9 pm EST. Please complete the form below and click submit to complete your instructor application. You will be notified by email whether or not you are selected to teach at MHDR2020.
Hint: MHDR receives lots of applications. If you want to increase your chances of being considered to teach at this event, carefully follow the instructions in the application.