MHDR 2021 Volunteer
Applications Now Open!
Each year dozens of attendees donate their time, money, and other resources to help make the weekend the best it can be. They are our die hard supporters, with us for all the little things that would get overlooked without their hard work. MHDR wouldn’t be the inclusive, loving, connected family community that we are without our volunteers.
Would you like to donate your time to MHDR2021?
Applications are open now. Complete the form below to contribute your time to MHDR2021.
Benefits & Expectations
- Volunteers for the Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat are asked donate 2-4 hours of their time over the course of the weekend.
- MHDR is a community experience. Volunteers help build and connect our community by offering positive and helpful assistance.
- If accepted to volunteer, you will need to download the Telegram Messaging app. This is how we will communicate about the retreat.
- All volunteers receive early access camping to the retreat
- An opportunity to help support and build the Michigan hoop community
- Connections and opportunities with flow artists from all over Michigan and the Midwest long after MHDR is over
- Street Team
- Street Team members donate their time prior to the retreat. This is a great spot for those of you who are already begging your flowmies to join you for MHDR, and are active in your local flow community or on social media.
- You will be asked to support the event by inviting your friends to the digital event, sharing links and relevant info online, creating testimonial videos, and getting your friends hyped up to join you for the weekend.
- Check-In & Registration
- Help check-in guests at the registration tent. Direct people to their campsites and answer questions.
- Community Building & Camp Decor
- Help decorate and set-up the community tent and/or assist with community building activities.
- Do you have a team-building event activity you want to host? Let us know!
- Potluck Breakfast
- Help prepare the community tent for our potluck breakfast and assist with clean-up afterward.
- Fire Circle
- Fire circle team members must have experience spinning fire. They will be asked to safety and assist with the fuel station.
- Retreat Set-Up
- Arrive up to a day early to prepare the grounds for the retreat. We will be setting up tents, decorating, and performing other manual labor tasks.
- Retreat Tear Down
- What goes up, must come down. Stay late on Sunday to help tear down the retreat.
- Free Tent
- Help organize the free tent. Fold clothes & put things back on hangers. Pack up all leftover items after the retreat is over to be donated.
- Art Installations
- Design, transport, and set-up your very own art installation. We’re open to your ideas on how to enrich the MHDR experience.
- Grounds Crew
- Help keep the grounds clean and neat. Change trash bags and pick-up community areas.
- Fill & light Tiki torches at night.
- Put up and maintain signage.
- Help build the community fire and haul firewood.
- First Aid
- Do you have nursing, ENT, or other medical training? We need you for our first aid team! Be available to assist with on-site injuries including but not limited to minor cuts & abrasions, bruising, sprains, and burns.
- CPR training is a plus!
The 2021 Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat is August 13-15 at Sunset Place Campground in Mason, MI. MHDR is a community experience. Please plan on staying for the weekend and joining in on the fun.
Applications are due by July 11th at 9 pm EST. Please complete the form below and click submit to complete your volunteer application. You will be notified by email whether or not you are selected to for the MHDR2020 volunteer team.