MHDR 2020 Volunteer Applications Open Now!
Each year dozens of attendees donate their time, money, and other resources to help make the weekend the best it can be. They are our die hard supporters, with us for all the little things that would get overlooked without their hard work. MHDR wouldn’t be the inclusive, loving, connected family community that we are without our volunteers.
Would you like to donate your time to MHDR2020? Volunteer applications are open now.
Fill out the form below and click submit to apply to volunteer at the 5th annual Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat.
Benefits & Expectations
- Volunteers for the Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat are asked donate 2-4 hours of their time over the course of the weekend.
- MHDR is a community experience. Volunteers help build and connect our community by offering positive and helpful assistance.
- If accepted to volunteer, you will need to download the Telegram Messaging app. This is how we will communicate about the retreat.
- All volunteers receive early access camping to the retreat
- An opportunity to help support and build the Michigan hoop community
- Connections and opportunities with flow artists from all over Michigan and the Midwest long after MHDR is over
- Street Team
- Street Team members donate their time prior to the retreat and have the opportunity to earn a FREE ticket to MHDR. Their contribution is in rounding up members of their local flow community and bringing them to the retreat. This is a great spot for those of you who are already begging your flowmies to join you for MHDR2019, and are active in your local flow community or on social media.
- You will be given a special code that allows us to track your referrals. Every time someone buys a ticket to MHDR using your code, they receive $20 off the full ticket price, and you receive $20 credit toward the price of your MHDR ticket.
- Check-In & Registration
- Help check-in guests at the registration tent. Direct people to their campsites and answer questions.
- Community Building & Camp Decor
- Help decorate and set-up the community tent and/or assist with community building activities.
- Potluck Breakfast
- Help prepare the community tent for our potluck breakfast and assist with clean-up afterward.
- Fire Circle
- Fire circle team members must have experience spinning fire. They will be asked to safety and assist with the fuel station.
- Retreat Set-Up
- Arrive up to a day early to prepare the grounds for the retreat. We will be setting up tents, decorating, and other manual labor.
- Retrat Tear Down
- What goes up, must come down. Stay late on Sunday to help tear down the retreat.
- Free Tent
- Help organize the free tent. Fold clothes & put things back on hangers.
- Art Installations
- Design, transport, and set-up your very own art installation. We’re open to your ideas on how to enrich the MHDR experience.
- Grounds Crew
- Help keep the grounds clean and neat. Change trash bags and pick-up community areas.
- Help build the communtiy fire and haul firewood.
- First Aid
- Do you have nursing, ENT, or other medical training? We need you for our first aid team! Be available to assist with on-site injuries including but not limited to minor cuts & abrasions, bruising, sprains, and burns.
- CPR training is a plus!
The 2020 Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat is August 14, 15, & 16 at Sunset Place Campground in Mason, MI. MHDR is a community experience. Please plan on staying for the weekend and joining in on the fun.
Applications are due by July 10th at 9 pm EST. Please complete the form below and click submit to complete your volunteer application. You will be notified by email whether or not you are selected to for the MHDR2020 volunteer team.