Applications Now Open
Each year dozens of attendees donate their time, money, and other resources to help make the weekend the best it can be. They are our die hard supporters, with us for all the little things that would get overlooked without their hard work. MHDR wouldn’t be the inclusive, loving, connected family community that we are without our volunteers.
Benefits & Expectations
- Volunteers for the Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat are asked donate 2-4 hours of their time over the course of the weekend.
- MHDR is a community experience. Volunteers help build and connect our community by offering positive and helpful assistance.
- If accepted to volunteer, you will need to download the Discord Messaging app. This is how we will communicate about the retreat.
- All volunteers receive early access camping to the retreat
- An opportunity to help support and build the Michigan hoop community
- Connections and opportunities with flow artists from all over Michigan and the Midwest long after MHDR is over
- Volunteers who donate 10+ hours to set-up, event coordination, and/or clean-up will receive a full access pass. These opportunities are extremely limited,
- Check-In & Registration
- Help check-in guests at the registration tent. Direct people to their campsites and answer questions.
- Community Building & Camp Decor
- Help decorate and set-up the community tent and/or assist with community building activities.
- Do you have a team-building event activity you want to host? Let us know!
- Fire Circle
- Fire circle team members must have experience spinning fire. They will be asked to safety and assist with the fuel station.
- Retreat Set-Up
- Arrive up to a day early to prepare the grounds for the retreat. We will be setting up tents, decorating, and performing other manual labor tasks.
- Retreat Tear Down
- What goes up, must come down. Stay late on Sunday to help tear down the retreat.
- Grounds Crew
- Help keep the grounds clean and neat. Change trash bags and pick-up community areas.
- Fill & light Tiki torches at night.
- Put up and maintain signage.
- Help build the community fire and haul firewood.
- First Aid
- Do you have nursing, ENT, or other medical training? We need you for our first aid team! Be available to assist with on-site injuries including but not limited to minor cuts & abrasions, bruising, sprains, and burns.
- CPR training is a plus!
The 2023 Michigan Hoop Dance Retreat is August 10-13 at Sunset Place Campground in Mason, MI. MHDR is a community experience. Please plan on staying for the weekend and joining in on the fun.
Applications are due by June 17th at 9 pm EST. Please complete the form below and click submit to complete your volunteer application. You will be notified by email whether or not you are selected to for the MHDR2023 volunteer team.