COVID-19 Protocols and Precautions
We take the health and safety of our participants seriously and believe we can safely conduct MHDR2020 by implementing a set of guidelines all attendees are asked to follow. These guidelines will be sent to ticket-holders via email prior to the event, and reviewed with all volunteers, instructors, and staff at the event before participants arrive. Attendees will be advised of these guidelines at check-in, and they will be covered at our all-camp welcome meeting on the first day of the retreat.
Before The Retreat
Beginning Friday, July 31 until the retreat we are asking each attendee to limit nonessential interactions
- Avoid large group gatherings where screening and protocols are absent
- Avoid events where social distancing and mask usage is not observed
- Avoid non-essential travel outside of the state
- Wear a mask while visiting with friends / family
- Avoid unnecessary sharing of personal items such as water bottles, phones, pens, etc
During The Retreat
Ticket-holders who are positive for Covid-19, or present with symptoms at the time of the retreat will not be admitted entrance. Those tickets will be automatically credited to MHDR2021.
- A medically trained COVID / Infection Control / Safety volunteer will be available for questions or concerns throughout the weekend
- Common areas (e.g Home Base and Tent City) will be expanded to allow for proper distancing between attendees
- Attendees are asked to individually wrap food they plan on sharing with other guests
- Registration / waivers will be completed electronically to avoid unnecessary contact
- Mask use will be expected at times when social distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be observed
- Staff / Volunteers / Instructors may remind you to “mask up”
- Medical grade surface disinfect will be available in all common areas
- All participants are asked to clean areas before and after use
- MHDR team will be monitoring common areas throughout the retreat
- MHDR is limited to registered participants only
- The public is not permitted access to the event
- Each attendee will be screened at check-in (questions and no-touch temp check)
- Contact information will be recorded
- Running water and soap is available on site to allow for appropriate hand hygiene
- Additional hand sanitizing “stations” will be added throughout the grounds and common areas
- Paper masks and hand sanitizer will be readily available to any attendee as needed
- Gloves are available upon request (please inform MHDR if latex allergies are present)
- Daily temperature checks of each participant are required
- Partner activities such as partner poi, partner acro, and tandem hooping are prohibited
- If prop sharing occurs:
- Please sanitize prop before and after with sanitizer provided at hand washing stations
After The Retreat
- If you are diagnosed with Covid-19 anytime between August 12-September 1 2020, please email email@example.com for contact tracing – your privacy will be protected
Although the current situation prevents close contact participation, we have plenty to enjoy. MHDR respects each attendee and in turn, asks for your cooperation to make MHDR YEAR 5 the event OF THE YEAR! We all need this time of connection and joy with our hoop family, and with your help, we can do that safely. Thanks for working to keep us all safe. See you in August!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up to stay up to date on all things MHDR
Join Us Aug 14, 15, 16 2020
Get Your Ticket Today!
Tickets are limited to less than 125 people. Get yours before they’re sold out!